Brian Bridges & Kiera Kilkowsky
September 26, 2015
Lowndes Grove Plantation
“I guess the third time’s the charm,” says Kiera Kilkowsky of Brian Bridges, her third date from Match.com. “We went out on a Saturday and have been inseparable since.” A few chapters later, the Manhattanites were in Central Park when he surprised her with a proposal and a celebration with their friends and family. For a venue, they looked South because a year prior, Brian, a Palmetto State native who played college baseball for Charleston Southern and Clemson, had introduced Kiera to the Holy City. “I absolutely fell in love with it,” she says, “and since we have friends scattered around the world, we decided to host our wedding in a fun and beautiful place—Charleston.” Pure Luxe Bride dressed Lowndes Grove in eye-catching florals with nary a white bloom in sight (the color-loving bride’s request). Details in place, Kiera and Brian tied the knot in a setting that was charmed, indeed.
Borrow Ideas from the Bridges ...
• Let remote guests attend virtually. During the ceremony, Kiera’s uncle FaceTimed her grandfather, a WWII veteran who lives in Maryland, as he couldn't travel. “It was super important to me for him to ‘be there,’” says Kiera.
• Make your ceremony personal. Brian wrote the ceremony script and his dad, who was the officiant, delivered it.
• Play with palettes. Kiera chose the first invitation suite she saw, but had the colors adjusted from the original black, green, and pink to ice blue, orange, and peach.• Let less make more. Kiera wanted a garden party look with clusters of small arrangements in bud vases rather than large bouquets.
• Donate your flowers. Kiera and Brian gave their blooms to the VA Hospital in honor of her grandfather. (Click here for information on how to donate your own Big Day blooms.
• Color your cake. Add a touch of color to an all-white confection to make it a showstopper. At the last minute, this bride asked for a blue tint on their four-tier cake.
Planning/design: Pure Luxe Bride, www.PureLuxeBride.com
Furniture rentals/linens: EventWorks, www.EventWorksRentals.com
Tent: Snyder Event Rentals, www.SnyderEvents.com
Lighting: Innovative Event Services, www.IESProductions.com
Venues: St. Luke’s Chapel, www.AcademicDepartments.MUSC.edu/StLukesChapel; Lowndes Grove Plantation, www.PPHGCharleston.com/Venues/Lowndes-Grove-Plantation
Catering/bar service/cake: Patrick Properties Hospitality Group, www.PPGHChalreston.com
Florals: Branch Design Studio, www.BranchDesignsStudio.com
Photography: Dana Cubbage Weddings, www.DanaCubbageWeddings.com
Videography: Film Anywhere, www.FilmAnywhereProductions.com
Ceremony music: Bob Williams Duo, www.CharlestonDuo.com
Reception music: Darby Events (DJ), www.CharlestonWeddingDJs.com
Stationery: Silver Starfish, www.TheSilverStarfish.com
Bride’s attire: Monique Lhuillier, www.MoniqueLhuillier.com
Beauty: Paper Dolls, www.MyCharlestonWeddingHair.com
Transportation: ACW Limo, www.ACWLimo.com