EDITORIAL WRITING INTERNSHIP
For all internships at Charleston Weddings, send your resume and three writing samples to email@example.com.
Our internship is a competitive opportunity to hone and practice your journalistic skills by working first-hand on an editorial team. The program will coordinate with the production of our latest issue of Charleston Weddings Magazine and Asheville Wedding Guide, so the intern will have the chance to get hands-on work—offering an authentic look at all that goes on to produce a magazine, site, and daily blog. Main responsibilities will include writing, editing, fact-checking, and handling of general administrative work (for Charleston Weddings Magazine, Asheville Wedding Guide, High Country Wedding Guide, and as well as our blog, The Wedding Row). The editorial intern will also help out with at least one fashion photo shoot, social media, public relations efforts, and much more.
The internship is unpaid and requires a minimum of 16-20 hours per week. We are looking for someone with strong skills and experience in proofing and copyediting (in adherence to both AP and Chicago Style); solid feature writing skills; and managerial capabilities. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and an interest in the subject matter are preferred.
EDITORIAL GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
- We publish 5 different magazines - you get to be a part of all of them
- Learn the process of making a magazine by working directly with the creative team
- Help design editorial pages of a magazine with our creative director and graphic designers overseeing & guiding you
- Polish up your researching skills
- Converting photographs from RAW, re-touching, color-correcting etc.
- Assist with the production of photo-shoots
- Network while you start your professional career
- Take advantage of all the opportunities to help at events that we sponsor
- Must have a great attitude & good work ethic
- To be comfortable in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
- Must be proficient in Photoshop & InDesign
Please send resumes and inquiries to Julie Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For summer internships please apply in the month of January only. For any other time of year, you may apply at anytime.
EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY INTERNSHIP
- Depending on your strengths, have upwards of 20+ images in each issue
- Meet hundreds of people on assignment
- Go on Studio, portrait, in-house, and location shoots
- Gain knowledge from other professional photographers by assisting at photo shoots
- Learn the process from camera-to-layout by working directly with the art director and graphic designers as a team
- Convert from RAW format
- Complete at least 20 hours a week, for at least 3 months
(Minimum hours are necessary to stay involved in a constantly changing atmosphere)
*Ideal candidates own digital SLR equipment and have a good understanding of digital photography and lighting. Must submit digital portfolio samples. Please send resumes and inquiries to Julie Wood (email@example.com).
ADVERTISING DESIGN INTERNSHIP
The advertising design department at Charleston Magazine is seeking a design intern to work directly with the advertising art director in creating high-end advertisements for some of the areas most upscale clients. You will be designing creative for Gulfstream's family of publications including: Charleston Magazine, Charleston Weddings, Grand Strand, WNC (Western North Carolina) and House Calls. Opportunities include, but are not limited to: assisting with photo retouching/cloning, color correction, converting RAW images, styling photo shoots, clipping, scanning, placing advertising, trouble shooting issues and postcripting. Great opportunity for regional and national recognition of your work. Must have a great positive attitude, the desire to be in a fast-paced design environment and the drive to learn and improve your skills. Basic knowledge of the following are required: Adobe CS3 (flash/dreamweaver not required), Acrobat Distiller, Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Please send resumes and inquires to Brandis Woods (firstname.lastname@example.org).