Lauren Edmondson & Brad Meister
November 14, 2014
Daniel Island Club
Given Augusta, Georgia, natives Lauren Edmondson and Brad Meister dated while he was deployed for six years, the two know a little about rolling with things. So when Brad proposed and a deluge opened up on his open-air ask—photographer, secluded beach front, knee-drop, and florals included—the couple laughed and loved the soggy photos even more. On the heels of his surprise, Lauren convinced Brad to let her organize their Daniel Island Club wedding and reveal most everything on the Big Day. She enlisted Ashley Greene of Posh Petals & Pearls as a day-of coordinator and brought on college friends Marielle and Julianne of Mark Williams Studio to run the design and décor show. “I truly did not know what it would look like until the night before,” says Lauren, who was blown away by their take on a fall ceremony and reception. Roll with it, indeed.
Top Tips Take It from the Meisters ...
• Kids grow out of fancy clothes fast. Be savvy and find their apparel on eBay—that’s where the ring bearers’ suits were found.
• Collect branches and greenery in lieu of copious florals to up the fall factor.
• Trade petals for dried leaves for flower girl fodder.
• Keep things simple with all-in-one venues that take care of everything from catering to rentals.
• Consolidate bookings if you can. The Meisters held their rehearsal dinner at the Daniel Island Club’s Park Club, booked guest houses through the group, and held their ceremony and reception at the golf clubhouse.
Feast your eyes on this treasure chest of jewels ranging from ultra-fine to utterly fashionable. Whether you’re dressing for your wedding or any of the myriad events leading up to it, these pieces add polish—and panache