Jaymee Uychiat & Ephraim “Ephy” Elston
While New York City is where Jaymee and Ephy
fell in love (he popped the question while they were ice skating in Central Park), the Holy City is where they tied the knot. “It’s just the perfect place,” says Jaymee, who became enamored when College of Charleston
grad Ephy showed her around his old stomping grounds. So Jaymee booked a date at Boone Hall Plantation
and buried herself in mood boards. “Pinterest and I became BFFs,” Jaymee laughs. “I was on a roll, but when it came to executing, it’s hard from a different state.” Enter Arielle Stratton of Party.Love.Birds
, who gave guidance on vendors, budget, and what to DIY. (Printed goods...sure! Florals...maybe not.) The end result was an intimate affair with earth tones, dark wood furnishings, and greenery that transformed Boone Hall into a boho chic paradise. Take a peek at the gorgeous gallery above, read over Jaymee's ideas below, borrow her vendor list, and if you still need more, check out their enviable feed here.
• Going with ready-to-wear bridesmaids dresses? Jaymee shipped her picks (in an array of spice tones) to herself to ensure the colors looked the same in-person as online.
• Gift favors that do double duty, like the wooden laser-cut place cards Jaymee ordered for each guest.
• Cluster rented plants in groupings for leafy installations that dress your venue (and save you major dough when compared to florals).
• Let your in-laws pitch in. Ephraim’s mother sourced vintage vases and repotted them with dozens of succulents for centerpieces.
• Personalize your ceremony. Since Jaymee and Ephy met in church, they incorporated a worship song sung by a friend and sipped communion from a vintage chalice.
Planning, design, signage: Party.Love.Birds, www.partylovebirds.com
Photography: Carrie Elizabeth Photography, www.carrieelizabethphotography.com
Venue: Boone Hall Plantation, www.BooneHallPlantation.com
Florals: Out of the Garden, www.OohEvents.com
Cake: WildFlour Pastry, www.wildflourpastrycharleston.com
Rentals: Snyder Events (linens, glassware, flatware, stage), www.snyderevents.com; Ooh! Events (furniture) www.oohevents.com; Plants Alive (wall plants) firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighting: Lowcountry Entertainment Charleston, www.lowcountryentertainmentsc.com
Catering: Lewis Barbecue, www.lewisbarbecue.com
Bride’s attire: Rosa Clara (gown), www.rosaclara.es/en; Steve Madden (heels), www.stevemadden.com; GlamHerBands (hair accessory), www.etsy.com/shop/GlamHerBands
Beauty: Paper Dolls, www.mycharlestonweddinghair.com
Bridesmaids dresses: Free People, www.freepeople.com
Flower girl dress: Zara, www.zara.com
Flower crowns: Flowershop, www.flowershopchs.com
Menswear: J.Crew, www.jcrew.com
Wooden placecards: FranJohnsonHouse, www.franjohnsonhouse.com
Cake topper: LeRusticChic, www.etsy.com/shop/LeRusticChic
Music: DJ Wade, www.otherbrotherent.com/djs/dj-wade