The couple intentionally chose a simple wooden cross for their altar so as not to distract from the view. To up the chic (and comfort) factor, 300-plus cushioned chairs were set out.
The nearby brick warehouse was erected in 1930 to store firepower for Fort Moultrie.
The bride’s father bought the then-decrepit properties at auction in 2007. To see the renovated home (where the bride and her attendants got dressed), visit CoastalLiving.com.
The Quartermaster Dock on Sullivan’s Island, where Katie and Matt exchanged vows, was built in 1915.
Photographs by Virgil Bunao